Sunday, August 2, 2009

What The Ish?!?



I love my city. West Side, East Side, All Sides...But when I peeped this video I thought to myself, not again. See here in Baltimore, we've yet to to have an artist in Hip-Hop "blow" from our city. We've had directors, actors & actresses, comedians, authors, athletes, etc...but in Hip-Hop we just haven't had that one MC to stake his claim and put us "on the map". For those outside of Baltimore, Club Music is a Baltimore staple and has been around for quite some time. Im talkin 20 years plus. DJ Class who's been doing his thing for years & years have pretty much hit the nail on the head with "Im The Ish". Everytime I DJ, the most drunkest, sober, stuck up chick, thug plottin a stick up and bouncer usually stop what they doing and sing loudly as soon as they hear "I got them diamonds on my deck, got Patron in my cup..". Sheer pandemonium ladies & gentleman! Not to mention Lil' Jon on the track with the crazy ass ad-libs. Then to turn something great into something greater, Kanye West lends his vocal and now this track is certified club banger right in the midst of Beyonce "Get Me Bodied" and Jay-Z "Public Service Announcement".
Therefore when I heard there was a video for this song, I said this might just might skyrocket Baltimore in having a great rep for party anthems and not just Wire episodes. But then when I peeped it, one word came to mind...Loss. We took a L. Video is straight garbage. Don't get me wrong, I'm no director but this video looked as if it wasn't any treatment written. No actual meeting. No nothing. From the lame colored background to the random girls with the martini glasses to the red letters scrolling across the screen..sigh. Please tell me this isn't it. You can't go hard halfway. Now I know when people read this one word will come to mind..Hater. But ask urself, if you peeped the video before you heard the song, would you like it the same?

1 comment:

  1. Ayo... wow... I saw it, and I can't believe it.

    So OK, this vid is either so bad it has a snowball's chance in hell of catchin' on... OR... it's one of those vids that are so bad, they become a quirky hit.

    I've seen videos from 1982 that are better than this, LOL. Props to Class anyway, but good God Damn!

    -D!

    -D!

    ReplyDelete